11.09.18 When a favorite yarn and designer get together....



Campus Jacket by A Christoffers
...its a marriage made in heaven!  I was so delighted last week when my favorite knit-ware designer,  Amy Christoffers of SavoryKnitting,  released her newest pattern - Campus Jacket in Berroco Campus.  I wrote to tell her of my love of her design in this yarn and she gifted me the pattern!  She sure knows how to treat a fan!

Hathersage
Berroco Campus yarn was released last year and I quickly fell in love.  Three projects later I wanted more.  The season changed, I waited for Berroco to release new colors and for cooler weather to wear these great garments and make more.  This yarn is fun, soft and classy with real depth of color.  Makes great outwear sweater jackets/items.  Hathersage is my favorite and I always get so many lovely compliments when I wear it.

Helvellyn

I wanted a slash of color for my wardrobe, so with input from friends, selected the green - Cram Session.  (all the names reflect Campus life). It was a beautiful fall-feeling day in the 60s when the yarn arrived, I cast immediately.

Shawl Collar Cardi
Where the ribbing meets the main st st portions, Amy has you knit the ribbing for a while then cast off and pick back up to get that lovely ridged great decorative touch.  Really pretty.   The ribbed shoulders and shawl collar is a nice tailored feel that will keep it neatly on your shoulders and neck when you wear it.
 
She later applies an icord for the front bands but I wanted something I could overlap top stay warm and possibly think about large decorative snaps to close.





I learned a great technique from Lana Hames of LanaKnits that allows you to knit the front bands in a firmer gauge than the body without have to knit separate and attaching.  It's amazing and it does not draw up the fronts like you think it would.  It does make them neat and sharp.  Perfect for my plans.

Campus Jacket project
The technique is to keep the front band stitches on smaller needles and knit the rest of the body in recommended needle size.    Continue using smaller needles for bands and body needle for body all the way up to the neck.  (you will need a third DPN to knit with when you come to the band stitches.)

I am having a blast with this pattern and yarn - can't wait to finish and wear!  Thanks Amy!


4 comments:

  1. I really like the pattern. I'll have to buy it and the yarn is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in LOVE! I'm calling the LYS now to see if they carry Campus. I think that would be the perfect "jacket" knit for me down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo. They've never heard of it. Guess I'll have to place another online yarn order. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely yarn! Lovely pattern! Life is good!:)Love this blog!:)

    ReplyDelete